Thursday 4 August 2011

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Dear Friends,

After much procrastination, I have decided today to start this blog. Recent events have shown me that life is short and that it makes no sense to put off for tomorrow what can be done today.

I am becoming more and more frustrated at what I see going on in Barbados today. The issues are various, ....from the failure of both political parties to put the people of Barbados first,.... to the established church being quiet on moral issues,.... to the Commissioner of Police telling us that crime is down,.... to the average Bajan not being able to own a home.

This time has come for Barbadians to speak out. I don't pretend to have all the solutions. I don't even have all the questions. However, it is time for a few good men, (and women), to do something! You don't have to agree with me. In fact, I hope you don't. All I ask is that you take notice of what is going wrong in the country and add your voice towards finding a solution. Barbadians have become a nation of finger pointers. It is the last Government's fault that we are in the present economic situation, it is Police's fault that crime is up, it is the fault of the school system that our youth have no ambition and the list goes on.

We need solutions! I don't care who caused it! How can we fix it?

I will write on issues that concern all Barbadians. I invite your comments and together we may be heard by the powers that be. Let us use the "Bowl" to ensure that one day we all do not have to throw our hands in the air in despair and shout "Old Brass Bowl, look wah we Buhbados come tuh!!!"

Quote of the Day

"Our lives begin to end the day we are silent about things that matter." Martin Luther King Jr.


Coming Soon...

Twenty (20) people have been detained for suspicion of smuggling drugs into Barbados. They were caught after they came in on a Caribbean Airlines flight from Jamaica. The 20 are currently being processed at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment